National Team Player Selection Policy
Appointed HK squad leaders/managers are responsible for the selection of players into the training squad and/or final team. However, squad leaders/managers must adhere to the following guidelines when planning and conducting player selections:
- A selection process must be clearly outlined including selection phases (e.g. training squad, final team) and requirements placed upon players to attend selection events.
- The selection process must be clearly communicated to potential trialists before inviting player applications.
- The selection process must maximise accessibility to the HK programme, and should not unnecessarily prohibit players through cost or location.
- Clear selection criteria must be established and adhered to throughout the decision-making process.
- Selection criteria for players must include a player commitment to the HK Athlete / Coaches Code of Conduct.
- Selection criteria should be communicated to potential trialists before inviting player applications.
- The selection must take into account the preferences of trialists regarding division (Open, Women’s, Mixed).
- The selection process and criteria must be agreed upon with the HKFDF National Team Training committee prior to inviting player applications.
Linked is a sample Selection Process Document.
Last updated 24/11/2022.